I have money on my mind and since I failed so miserably last month when it came to money, I’d like to try again this month. I’m going to try to use the tools at http://www.smartcookies.com. I was signed up with Mint, but I think I find it intimidating.
To participate in the meet-up:
1. Post a list of your career/life related goals for this month, along with your checked off goals from last month if you’d like, on your own blog.
2. Go back to the Monthly Goal Meet-Up and leave a link to your post in the comments (*If you don’t have your own blog, feel free to share your list here in the comments to join in!)
3. Then, check out everyone else’s lists as they leave comments – click their links, visit their blogs, say hello, meet, greet and support each other because that’s what it’s all about!
- Following the plan of the Smart Cookies, gather up all my bills and credit/debit card statements and figure out where my money is going.
- Step 2 of the plan, create my perfect day. Actually take this activity seriously and really write about what my perfect day would be like to be able to take a good look at what my goals are.
- Print out a Rather Card to keep in my wallet
- Step 3 of the plan, get focused. Actually track my spending, not necessarily by doing weekly posts (that are hard to format), but at least checking in with my finances once a week.
- Post my goals and savings/spending plan in a prominent place, like my fridge or bathroom mirror.
- Longer-than-a-month-goal: Build up my emergency fund to be a month’s living expenses.