Happy Canada Day! Since it’s the first of July, it’s time for some monthly goals. This month’s goals are going to look a lot like June’s goals, but I’m ok with that. I have a couple projects, outside of healthy living, that I need to work on. It looks like it will be quite the busy month.
- Swim 2x week (Tuesday and Thursday, perhaps?)
- Bike 1x week (I’d like to bike to work 1 day a week and do the Venus rides)
- Stick to the half marathon training plan (I’ve already registered and I’ve told people about it, so failure isn’t really an option)
- Continue to track my food (I’m more conscious of what I eat when I have to write it down and I feel much better when I eat well. Win-win!)
- Sleep 7 (+?) hours a night (I didn’t really focus on this goal last month, but some days my body focused for me and turned off my alarms!)
- Move to Boulder (OK, this is going to happen because my lease is up at the end of July. I need a reminder to start packing though!)
- Read one health & fitness book (I have Winning by Losing by Jillian Michaels; I’ll start with that)
- Write WordPress theme tutorial (I’m giving a Geek Lab at BlogHer!)
- Work on side project (2nd half of July?)
I think these are attainable goals for July. On a different note, I had a really active day yesterday. I did a hip hop class, played a game of rugby sevens, and worked out with my trainer. I haven’t played rugby in a good two years. It was…interesting. There’s definitely room for improvement! 🙂 Working out with Ty was really intense. It was a lot of cardio; our sessions usually aren’t so cardio heavy, but it was a great work out!
Today I’m feeling really tired. I wanted to get up and go running, but that just didn’t happen. I really need to focus on getting enough sleep. I don’t watch a lot of TV, but if the TV is on, I’ll stay up much later than I intended (like last night). I’ll sit in front of the TV with Egg (my netbook) and just goof off. Perhaps I need to set personal office hours for myself where I define what I want to do and when I want to do it. The internet is such a big place that sometimes I need help focusing on what I’m supposed to be doing.
On a side note, I’m trying to consolidate my online persona. I’m going to keep this blog, but I don’t need it to be an annonymous blog. I’m going to add my other WordPress account as an admin and start posting from there. At some point I might get brave enough to actually transfer this blog to my main account.
Photo from Rob Warde