- Breakfast: steak & eggs with guacamole, pico de gallo and sriracha, skim milk
- Lunch: Rotisserie chicken lettuce wrap with 1/4 avocado
- Dinner: Pork and veggie stir-fry with zucchini noodles, skim milk
- Snacks: apple, clementines (I’m addicted!), wasabi pistachios
- Weight: +/- 0 (I forgot to weigh myself this morning, it was busy)
- Sleep: not enough ~7 hours. I’ve got to working on getting more sleep!
- Energy level: Outside of being tired every now and then, my energy levels felt ok
- General feeling: I’m noticing my tiredness much more than I used to, perhaps because I’m getting used to no grains and semi-no dairy.
Tonight Andrew and I made a delicious pork and veggie stir fry. Andrew introduced me to zucchini noodles! They’re quite noodle-y and super easy. You just take a vegetable peeler and peel the zucchini into a bowl until you can’t peel it anymore. After I had to stop peeling it, I just chopped it up and put it in with the other veggies. I’d never had zucchini noodles before and they’re ridiculously easy to make and taste great. I highly recommend them.
I know I haven’t been following Paleo exactly since I’ve been having milk, but I thought I would feel the effects of cutting out grains and dairy more than I am now. Perhaps because it’s only the second day, but last time I did this I seem to remember it taking quite a bit of willpower to not stray from the Paleo diet. When I see something sugary, I want it however I’m not thinking about sugary or grainy foods. Maybe that will come tomorrow, but hopefully not!
Tonight before cooking dinner, Andrew and I cleaned out the snack cupboard and the drinks shelf. We put things that aren’t Paleo into suitcases and put them away. We realized that canned drinks (Coke, 7Up, etc.) were taking up more space than they should in the pantry so we decided to get rid of half of them (hopefully donating somewhere), consolidate what’s left and move it somewhere less accessible. The snack cupboard is almost complete cleaned out, as is the snack corner. I still have to do two more cupboards. This is of course in preparation of my household arriving as well. Andrew and I plan on doing a kitchen rearrange to make sure everything that we have in the kitchen we use. Check out the after photo of our former snack corner (see the before here):
Did you know there was a toaster oven under all those snacks? Haha! We haven’t used it in months, so I’m hoping we can put it into a storage place. Andrew bought it when he had a malfunctioning oven, but now our oven works great! Does anyone want a toaster oven? 🙂
I’m calling Day 2 another success!