- Breakfast: Smoothie – coconut keifer, frozen strawberries, frozen peaches, 1 tbsp sunflower butter, agave nectar
- Lunch: Chicken breast, roasted onions & peppers, honey & lime carrots, balsamic butternut squash, steamed broccoli
- Dinner: Chicken “tacos” (salsa-marinated chicken breast, peppers, onions, pico de gallo, guacamole, lettuce wraps)
- Snacks: 4 clementines, 1/2 avocado, glass of wine, macadamia nuts
- Weight: -5
- Sleep: Still so tired. ~6.5
- Energy level: Energy felt good, however I could tell when I was hungry since I had trouble focusing. I need to remember to drink more water. I think I’ve been a bit dehydrated which really fatigues me.
- General feeling: Still feeling good eating Paleo and surprised at how not cranky I am. Yay!
Today Andrew and I had our first adventure at the cafeteria closest to the office. I won’t lie, it was little overwhelming for me and I just wanted to get a chicken sandwich or burger. Andrew is more familiar with the cafeteria than I am, so he knew which sections would have good options for us. There’s a healthy eating section which had the butternut squash and broccoli along with a Chef’s Choice section that had the carving board meat (and chicken) with the carrots and onions & peppers. I think I ate too much at lunch, but I’m really happy we were able to make a Paleo lunch at the cafeteria. That way if we can’t get lunch together in the morning, we won’t have to live on snacks for the day.
Tonight there was an office Happy Hour for Andrew’s and my team. I was going to come later, but Andrew came up to find me to join him. Mostly because there was lots of food that wasn’t Paleo and he wanted me to not eat anything with him! I would have done the same thing, haha! It ended up being just fine and we poked fun at eating Paleo with some colleagues.
Andrew and I are talking about what to have next week. I’d like to do most of the cooking over the weekend so that our mornings and weeknights are less hectic. We’ll have to do some research on good make-ahead recipes.