You know what’s delicious? Girl Scout Cookies. Samoas, Tagalongs, Thin Mints <– in that order. They are delicious. I could eat them all day.
You know what’s hard? Not eating all of the Girl Scout Cookies.
Other things that are hard:
- Eating healthy when I only have a rough plan
- Staying away from gluten (But garlic bread is soooo yummy!)
- Making time
- Waiting for the process to work
- Making the small decision everyday that lead to big changes
I feel like I’ve been trying to hard for a few months and I want to see more progress than I am seeing. I think this is mostly due to obsessive browsing on Instagram of weight loss inspiration. It’s great to have that inspiration at my fingertips, but comparison is at my fingertips as well. I find myself wondering why I’m not losing weight as fast at that girl I saw who lost 100 lbs. in 10 months. I really need to take some steps back when I start thinking that to review all the good things I’m doing and to remind myself that everyone is different.
Recently, I haven’t been all that well and I’ve been feeling guilty about it. I understand the idea of not depriving myself, but “not depriving” myself is really when got me into this whole mess anyway. I don’t want to beat myself up too badly for not being spectacular with eating, while at the same time I need to fix it since it’s not ok. I guess I need to sit myself down and have a little talk with myself about what I want and how I can make better choices to get there.
Food Log (this is why I’m fat)
- Apple cinnamon & pumpkin seed oatmeal
- Sante Fe Chicken Salad (Costco)
- Vanilla pudding
- OSTrim meat stick
- Homemade gluten-free molasses cookie
- Bites of Andrew’s lunch, Chinese food
- Turkey patty
- BBQ Sauce
- Coleslaw (no mayo dressing)
- Two pieces of garlic bread
- Ashleigh’s leftover turkey patty + cheese
- Andrew’s leftover coleslaw + BBQ sauce
- Another molasses cookie
- Skim milk
- 3 Samoas
- 3 Tagalongs